PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS SITE
What’s in these terms?
These terms tell you the rules for using our website placetech.net (our Site) and our subscription services (Subscription Services) and any Advertising, Sponsorship and Event Attendance Services (Advertising and Sponsorship Services). Click on the links below to go straight to more information on each area:
Who we are and how to contact us
placetech.net is a site operated by Place Tech. Ltd (“We”). We are registered in England & Wales under company number 10321445 and have our registered office at Third Floor, Granite Building, 6 Stanley Street, Liverpool, United Kingdom, L1 6AF. Our main trading address is 232 Royal Exchange, Manchester M2 7DD, UK. Our VAT number is 285045104.
We are a limited company.
To contact us, please email email@example.com or call 07811 987023.
By using our site you accept these terms
If you do not agree to these terms, you must not use our site.
We recommend that you print a copy of these terms for future reference.
There are other terms that may apply to you
- Our Acceptable Use Policy [INSERT AS LINK TO ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY], which sets out the permitted uses and prohibited uses of our site, our Subscription Services and our Advertising and Sponsorship Services. When using our site, you, Subscription Services and/or Advertising and Sponsorship Services you must comply with this Acceptable Use Policy.
- Our Comments Policy [INSERT LINK TO COMMENTS POLICY], which sets out information relating to any comments or content posted by you on our Site which are also subject to our Acceptable Use Policy
We may make changes to these terms
We amend these terms from time to time. Every time you wish to use our site, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time.
We may make changes to our site
We may update and change our site from time to time to reflect changes to our content, services, our users’ needs and our business priorities.
We may suspend or withdraw our site
Our site is made available free of charge.
We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of our site for business and operational reasons. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any suspension or withdrawal.
You must keep your account details safe
If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How you may use material on our site
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on our site.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our site must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the content on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
Do not rely on information on this site
The content on our site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our site.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up to date. Any of the material on our site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
We are not responsible for websites we link to or adverts that appear on our Site
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them.
We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
You will see advertising material of third parties on our site. The individual advertisers concerned are solely responsible for the content they submit, including ensuring that it complies with all applicable legislation. We will not be responsible, or liable for the content or accuracy of any such materials.
If you would like to advertise on our site please contact Dino Moutsopoulos at email@example.com
User-generated content is not approved by us
This website may include information and materials uploaded by other users of the site, including to jobs sections, event listings, bulletin boards, chat rooms and reader’s comments section. This information and these materials have not been verified or approved by us. The views expressed by other users on our site do not represent our views or values.
If you wish to complain about information and materials uploaded by other users please contact us on https://placetech.net/contact/.
If you post any content or comment to our Site you must comply at all times with our Acceptable Use Policy and Comments Policy
Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
Whether you are a consumer or a business user:
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
If you are a business user:
The material displayed on our site is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, we, and third parties connected to us;
- exclude all implied conditions, warranties, representations or other terms that may apply to our site or any content on it.
- will not be liable to you for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, our site; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site.
- In particular, we will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
Uploading content to our site
Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload content to our site, or to make contact with other users of our site, you must comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy and Comments Policy.
You warrant that any such contribution does comply with those standards, and you will be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of that warranty. This means you will be responsible for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of your breach of warranty.
Any content you upload to our site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. You retain all of your ownership rights in your content, but you are required to grant us and other users of our site a limited licence to use, store and copy that content and to distribute and make it available to third parties.
We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to our site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
We have the right to remove any posting you make on our site if, in our opinion, your post does not comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy.
You are solely responsible for securing and backing up your content.
We are not responsible for viruses and you must not introduce them
We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
Rules about linking to our site
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link to our site in any website that is not owned by you.
Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
The website in which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy
If you wish to link to or make any use of content on our site other than that set out above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Information About You and Your Visits to Our Site
If you register for the jobs or event listings sections of our site you will be asked to provide certain information about yourself. If you have requested to be kept informed of specific job opportunities or events the frequency with which you will receive these alerts will depend upon the preferences that you set. You will also receive regular newsletters with information about the latest proptech developments and news.
You can unsubscribe to any or all of these alerts at any time.
We accept no responsibility for:
- either the hirer or the jobseeker and we have no authority as an employment agency and do not make introductions between hirers and jobseekers; or
- either the organiser of any event or the potential attendee and we have no authority as an organiser of other parties’ events and do not make introduction between organisers and attendees
If you would like to advertise a job opportunity or a property on our site please contact Kirsty Butcher at email@example.com
As a registered delegate at a PlaceTech event, your name and contact details will be placed on the attendee list which may be passed on to sponsoring companies. You may be contacted with information about products and services, such as future events, in the form of direct marketing by phone or email.
- News, Products, Analysis and Insight
- Job Vacancies – free to view but there will be a fee to advertise vacancies
- Forums – free to view but subscribers will be entitled to join the debate
- Calendar of Events – free to view but subscribers will be entitled to add their own events
Full details of these sections and the rights you will enjoy can be found in our .
Your subscription will commence on the date that we notify to you in our order acknowledgement (commencement date).
The period of your subscription will depend upon the package that you have purchased and will be notified to you in our order acknowledgement.
We will notify you when your subscription is due to expire and give you the opportunity to renew.
You may cancel your subscription at any time by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, we shall endeavour to process your request promptly and in any event within 5 working days of receipt.
If in our reasonable opinion you have breached any terms of our agreement we reserve the right to cancel your subscription.
These provisions do not affect your statutory rights.
Warranties and Limitation of Liability re Subscription Services only
We will use reasonable endeavours to promptly remedy any faults in the subscription services that we provide. If we are found to be liable to you, our liability (whether arising in negligence or otherwise) will not in any circumstances exceed an amount equal to the sums paid or payable by you in respect of the subscription services to which such liability relates.
We give no warranties, express or implied, as to the content provided in our subscription services (including without limitation warranties as to defamation, accuracy, breach of confidence, copyright ownership, moral rights, fitness for any purpose, or any other rights of any kind) since much of the content is user generated and we therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any visitor to our site, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents. Commentary and other materials posted on our site are not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed.
Whilst we will make commercially reasonable efforts to maintain the currency, accuracy, and availability of the subscription services, we give no warranty that the content will be free from error, constant or that there will be uninterrupted access the subscription services. We will notify you in advance of any scheduled downtime. However, we accept no responsibility or liability for any interruption or delay.
All implied warranties and conditions are excluded to the maximum extent permitted by law and in particular, we do not warrant that our site or its contents are virus free or that the subscription services are compatible with your software or computer configuration. We accept no liability for any loss or damage of whatever nature you may suffer in the event of an infection or contamination by a virus or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware. You are solely responsible for protecting your hardware, software and system from such attacks.
In no circumstances shall we be liable for any loss of profits, loss of business, depletion of goodwill and/or similar losses or pure economic loss, or for any special, indirect or consequential loss, costs, damages, charges or expenses howsoever arising.
This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, nor our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
Advertising & Sponsorship Services
Advertising & Sponsorship
In order for PlaceTech (the company) to process your order please ensure you have read and understand these terms of business and ensure that by entering into this contract you are in position to comply with the requirements as an advertiser or event sponsor (advertiser).
- All advertisers’ materials for publication must be provided to the company in accordance with the current technical requirements and its content must comply with current guidelines of the advertising authority.
- PlaceTech reserves the right to position and or to change the size of any advertisement unless such position or size is specifically agreed or is technically possible on this order, to reject remove or suspend any advertisement or to modify the wording of any advertisement.
- The advertiser warrants to the company that it has all the necessary rights in the advertisement and its contents. The advertisement does not contravene any law, regulation or code of practice nor infringe any rights of the third party. The advertisement complies with the Advertising Standards Authority’s current code of practice and with all other requirements of any relevant authority. If the advertiser requires any consent from any third party in connection with the advertisement and its contents, it has obtained all such consents.
- The advertiser grants the company a worldwide non-exclusive fully paid license to use and reproduce and display the advertiser’s material including any artwork, trademarks, brand features and any other contents contained in the online advertisement.
- The company is not liable for any loss to the advertiser if the advertiser is at fault for delay in supplying copy, logos, artwork, before the start of the advertising campaign.
- The company is not liable for any loss in connection with the advertisement in the website including any malfunction, computer error, defect in software, loss of data or other damage or disruption to advertisement except to the extent to which it is unlawful to exclude such liability under law applicable to this contract.
- The company is not liable for any errors in copy or contact details, it is the responsibility of the advertiser to check and sign off in writing by sending an email with changes and amendments to the account handler.
- Offers, competitions, discounts advertised on PlaceTech or any of its group websites are offered by the advertiser not by the company. Therefore, the advertiser shall indemnify and keep indemnified the company against all expenses, damages and loss or claim arising from the advertisement.
- If the company fail to publish the advertisement within the terms of the agreement the sole liability of the company to the advertiser shall be limited either a part refund of fee less production cost or placement of the advertisement at a later time.
- Cancellation of this order is conditional on the advertiser making a written request to the company within seven days from the date of order. In any event cancellation will be subject to a 50% cancellation fee payable within 30 days of such request. Cancellation later than seven days after the booking and between four and six weeks from the start of the campaign will be subject to a 75% cancellation fee. Cancellation within four weeks of the start of the campaign will be subject to a 100% cancellation fee.
- All sums quoted are exclusive of applicable value added tax and are payable without deduction on the specified dates.
- Failure to pay any sums due by a specified date will permit the company to cancel this agreement by written notice to you.
- For events payments of a non-refundable 50% deposit becomes due on signed or email confirmation of the event date.
- The balance of the event sponsorship is to be paid within 30 days of the event being delivered.
- The company reserves the right to make any necessary amendments to the programme or content of the event.
- The views of any speaker appearing at the event will be the views solely of the speaker concerned and the company will have no responsibility for them.
- PlaceTech operates a 10% agency discount on all bookings over £1000 plus VAT. It is the agency’s responsibility to highlight to PlaceTech that they operate such a scheme. Discounts cannot be applied retrospectively.
- PlaceTech operates an agency introduction fee of 10% of the value of an initial booking of a new client (over £1000 plus VAT). An introduction fee is paid on a first introduction to a new client, that has not worked with PlaceTech previously. The fee is only payable after the client has settled their final bill. Once a client has been introduced to PlaceTech and a first transaction concluded, this client is then considered introduced. No further payments will be made subsequent to this.
- This agreement shall be governed by the law of England and Wales.
Payments made via our Site will adhere to the services agreement set out by Stripe, our payment partner.
PlaceTech is a trademark of Place Tech. Limited.
Which country’s laws apply to any disputes?