#WORKBOLD podcast ep7: Elaine Rossall, JLL
March 22 2020, 4:48 pm Comments (0)
Elaine Rossall, head of UK offices research and strategy at JLL, joins Bold founder, Caleb Parker, to discuss how flexible working trends impact commercial real estate assets and how landlords are responding.
- Why is JLL implementing flexible working?
- What is the benefit of letting someone choose their own work schedule?
- How is flexible working enabling space consolidation?
- How does flexible working and space consolidation affect London landlords?
- Will conventional leased space convert to flex space when traditional occupiers relocate?
- How does JLL advise landlords on how to respond to the demand for flex?
- Will it be a problem for landlords when the overall office stock is 30-50% flex?
- How do the other top UK markets compare to London?
- Flexible working is about empowerment and productivity
- Changing the way people work can create a better working environment for everyone
- Occupiers are looking for landlords to provide flex and amenity space within the asset
- It’s important for landlords to understand which operator brands are out there
- Landlords who do not have large portfolios should look to partner with operators
- There’s a blurring of lines between operators and landlords
- For landlords to be successful they need to understand how occupiers are behaving
- Overtime we’ll stop talking about flex being a portion of the market
Apple | Spotify | Google | Stitcher | Podbean