LandInsight is a subscription service that streamlines the process of finding and assessing off-market land. Hemant Pandit of LandInsight, winner of the PlaceTech Startup Prize for 2018, explains how the product brings together the core maps, data and tools needed to source new opportunities and manage them through to completion.
Name of Product | LandInsight
Price | Starting at £45 per month, with a free trial available
Target audience | Property developers and land agents
Challenge | We identified major problems that developers and agents face on a day to day basis in their search for off-market land. These problems are time-consuming and get in the way of securing high-quality development opportunities:
- Finding and contacting the true site owners
- Assessing planning history and potential
- Assessing commercial viability and risk
- Checking national and local planning policy, including green belt land, conservation areas etc
- Workflow: recording and keeping track of opportunities and progress
The above tasks traditionally took an extortionate amount of time to complete. This ultimately added to the cost of development. Our mission is to streamline inefficient processes with the help of technology.
Solution | Users can find and assess opportunities using an easy to navigate, map based interface. Tasks that took them hours now take them minutes. We have aggregated official data from hundreds of sources and used machine learning to make that data intelligible. Using LandInsight, our users can:
- Instantly get ownership and contact info and buy Land Registry documents at cost
- Search for sites by use class, parcel area, planning status, and keyword
- Set automated planning alerts so that they are alerted about new opportunities as soon as they hit the local planning website
- Find comparables and assess the commercial potential of a site with the £/sq ft calculator
- Check constraints on sites based on green belts, flood risks and adopted local policy
- Find and assess opportunities while out and about using our mobile app LandInsight GO
Clients | The product is used by over 800 companies including: Savills, Cushman & Wakefield, Redrow, Wandle, Wates, LocatEd, Gerald Eve, Living Smart, CBRE, Haart, and Land & New Homes Network.