#WorkBold podcast ep4: Impact of space-as-a-service on valuations
Dan Hughes, founder of Alpha Property Insight, joins Bold founder Caleb Parker, to talk about the changes coming to building valuations – more specifically about the impact space-as-a-service has on the valuation of commercial assets.
Hughes led the Land and Property Sector strategy and commercial activity at Ordnance Survey, the world’s leading location data specialist. Dan was also Director of Data and information products for RICS. He is founder of Alpha Property Insight and LIQUID Real Estate Innovation which help the property sector to embrace and benefit from new ways of thinking and technology. Hughes recently published the LIQUID Future of Valuations paper, which you will hear insights from in this episode.
- Over the next five years hundreds of data points will feed into the valuation process
- Hughes is advocating for the systematic collection of data that you can use across a portfolio
- The future of the property industry will be built around trust and as we move into a digital world, the ethical use of data will be at the very heart of this
- Certain data points will be able to report on how happy building users are
- Buildings with happy users can expect higher valuations