PODCAST | James Shannon, essensys
James Shannon, chief product and technology officer at essensys, joins Paul Unger, editor of PlaceTech, to discuss the launch of Flex Services Platform by essensys.
This episode is brought to you in association with essenys.
What we learned
- During this period of uncertainty, as the workforce contemplates its return to the office, landlords must adapt to stay competitive and remain relevant to post-pandemic tenants. For tenants, flexible office space is seen as a critical component to the future of their real estate strategy.
- Landlords and flexible workspace operators need to attract and retain tenants and stay relevant in the market, while addressing ever-evolving requirements for flexibility, innovation and exceptional in-building experiences.
- Delivering flexible real estate platforms is seen as complex and riddled with challenges and risks: struggling with uncontrolled costs, disparate and disconnected systems, not attracting or retaining tenants, losing relevance in the market, meeting evolving requirements.
- Technology is essential in tackling these challenges and enabling landlords to transform in-building experiences and scale up their portfolios.
- Flex Services Platform supports the four key components required to create amazing in-building experiences:
- secure digital infrastructure
- effective space setup
- flexible operations management
- mobile-first occupier interactions
- Focussing on these components helps landlords:
- Meet occupier needs today and tomorrow
- Manage complexity (complexity due to shorter contracts, shared resources etc.)
- Control costs
- Negate the need for multiple disparate systems
- Meet growing demand for flexible real estate