LISTEN | Time to lead, not follow – NAR talks proptech investing
August 24 2022, 9:17 am Comments (0)
Get inside the US National Association of Realtors’ property tech ventures with Dan Weisman, director of emerging tech trends; Natasha Terinova, director of accelerator programme Reach UK; and Tyler Thompson, managing partner of its investment fund Second Century Ventures.
With 1.3m members, the NAR is the largest trade organisation in the US. On this episode you can hear how a 100-year-old organisation got into digital transformation and its significant progress to date.
- NAR venture fund Second Century Ventures was an early investor in DocuSign
- SCV and its accelerator arm Reach are fully funded from returns on past investments
- Cream will rise to top as economic downturn bites over next 18-24 months
- Tyler wants SCV to help tackle affordability, how can tech solve the global housing crisis and help renters move towards owning property
- Property companies can take advantage of AI, using data and today’s sizable computer power to produce clear data points that are critical to success
- Dan says NAR wants to lead and not be reactive when it comes to spotting tech efficiencies in real estate
- Natasha’s companies to watch include Fyma – ‘unlocking data from video feeds’ – and Mökki – ‘logistics hubs for the circular economy’