The PlaceTech Prize is a global competition seeking to recognise the most innovative business or project in proptech for 2018.
We’re looking for visionaries that are propelling the proptech industry forward, technologies that are responding to the demands of the property industry and game-changing projects that can demonstrate commercial success or potential since January 2017.
PlaceTech Startup Prize will also be awarded to the most promising business or project launched since January 2015.
Both prizes offer the opportunity for international recognition and increased global profile. The two winners will be announced at the PlaceTech Big Night Out in Manchester on 20 November 2018.
The PlaceTech Prize is delivered in association with Manchester Science Partnerships & Bruntwood, Mills & Reeve, OBI Property and Redwood Consulting.
Monday 30 April 2018 Call for nominations
Friday 20 July Deadline for nominations
Monday 3 September Finalists announced
Monday 24 September Finalist pitches (via video call) and judges’ meeting
Tuesday 20 November Winner announced at PlaceTech Big Night Out
PlaceTech Prize is open to businesses and projects of all levels and sizes active in the UK market. Entries must be based on work delivered between January 2017 and July 2018.
PlaceTech Startup Prize is open to proptech companies launched in the UK market since January 2015.
Entries must display evidence of innovation and implementation, commercial success or potential, and ultimately evidence of a positive impact on the property industry.
There is no charge to enter the award and every finalist will receive a complimentary ticket to the Place Tech Big Night Out where the winner will be announced.
All entries should include a 2-minute video introduction or overview of the business of project, and additional supporting materials are encouraged.
All entries should be submitted in English.
We suggest you complete your entry submission offline before starting to complete the online form.
For further information, please contact email@example.com
Are you a proptech entrepreneur or disruptor with a great product or business? CLICK HERE TO ENTER
Do you know a proptech company or project that deserves recognition? CLICK HERE TO NOMINATE
Please note that following a third-party nomination, we will contact the nominated business who must complete the full entry form to be considered for the award.
THE JUDGING PROCESS
The nominations will be judged via a thorough multi-stage process including the pre-scoring of entry forms, further questions from the judges, live pitching via video call, judges site visits (if required) and a final, judges meeting to decide the winner.
The judging panel is comprised of:
- Martin Bryant, consultant, speaker & writer
- Tom Cheesewright, founder, Book of the Future and creator, Futurist’s Toolkit
- Danny Crump, director of urbanism, Broadway Malyan
- Robert de Jong, programme director, Urban Land Institute UK
- James Dearsley, co-founder, PropTech Consult, and board member, UK Proptech Association
- Alex Edds, director of innovation, JLL
- Mike Edge, partner, Mills & Reeve
- Simon Hughes, chief strategy officer & co-founder, Liquid Real Estate Innovation
- Menno Lammers, chief proptech officer, PropTechNL
- Melanie Leech, chief executive, British Property Federation
- Will Lewis, founding director, OBI Property
- Duke Long, co-founder, PropTech Challenge
- Filippo Rean, managing director, real estate division, Reed MIDEM
- Thomas Renn, managing director, Manchester Science Partnerships
- Neil Singer, CEO, clicktopurchase
- Roger Tan, managing director, UNSense and associate director, UNStudio
- Ian Thomas, co-founder & chief investment officer, LendInvest
- Louise Weale, licensing manager & tech affiliate programme lead, RICS
- Bridget Wilkins, associate director, CBRE
- Raya Yunakova, programme director, Pi Labs
For more details on the judges, click here.
All nominees must be available to answer further questions from judges throughout August if required, and will be asked to participate in a live video pitch to the judges on Monday 24 September. We also ask finalists to offer an open day for judges if required.
The awards will be chaired by Paul Unger, publisher & founder of PlaceTech, and will judged by a panel of leading influential industry experts, including the PlaceTech Editorial Board. Details will be announced soon.
The PlaceTech Prize and Startup Prize winners will be awarded with:
- Recognition as PlaceTech Prize winner in editorial coverage of the PlaceTech Big Night Out event and prize-giving
- Showcase article feature on PlaceTech for your product or company
- Introductions to partners and clients, and invitations to private networking dinners
- Feature in the PlaceTech Trends quarterly report
- Social media support throughout the year
- 5 complimentary tickets to the 2019 PlaceTech Trend Talks of your choice including introductions to selected speakers and sponsors
- The PlaceTech Prize trophy
The two winners will be announced at the PlaceTech Big Night Out in Manchester on 20 November 2018. Every finalist business will receive one complimentary ticket to the event, which will take place at the Radisson Blu Edwardian, Manchester. Further tickets can be booked here.
Discounted tickets for start-ups are available – contact us for more information.
For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org