PlaceTech Trend Talk Nordics: Video, summary + slides
The fourth stop on our European Trend Talks tour brought us to the smart city of Stockholm. PlaceTech welcomed around 100 property and tech professionals from the Nordics to explore the latest trends and issues within proptech.
Guests included senior professionals from Cushman & Wakefield, Arup, Allsop, Pembroke, Stronghold, Skanska, Newsec, Norwegian developers Selvaag Eiendom and KLP, tech-focused investment bank Qalora Capital, CoLive and more.
The event also saw the release of the PlaceTech TRENDS Q4 report which maps the trends and innovators transforming the sector. The report includes a closer look at the govtech revolution, how tech is mobilising construction, the impact of changing consumer attitudes in India and an updated list of our picks for Most Valuable Players in property technology. You can download the full report here
Watch the video below to find out the top takeaways from the event from key players.
See below for gallery, videos of the presentations + slides
- Doug Ward, co-founder of internet connectivity solution Node, talked about how he believes that internet should be treated like the modern equivalent of tap water and that it should be introduced at the point of construction. Watch Ward’s presentation
- Matt Lee, head of commercial at Manchester Science Partnerships, developer of 1.3m sq ft of tech and science parks in North and Midlands of England, shared how the company transformed the science park concept through co-innovation projects. Watch Matt Lee’s presentation
- Adam Malik, head of UK business development at Equiem, explored the importance of addressing and adapting to demands of millennials, as real estate is increasingly being used as a tool to compete for best talent. Watch Adam Malik’s presentation
- Bastiaan Koekkoek, account manager of visitor management system BluePoint, talked about the changing landscape in the way people engage in their work space and how this is impacting the way buildings are being used and managed, from security to occupancy. Watch Bastiaan Koekkoek’s presentation
- Enrico Faccioli, chief operating officer at Big Data startup Gyana, warned property companies that if they fail to embrace data in good time, they will find themselves in trouble. Watch Enrico Faccioli’s presentation
- Andreas Broryd, CEO and co-founder of Workaround Sweden, explored why the coworking trend is on the rise and what that looks like in Sweden today. Watch Andreas Broryd’s presentation
- Gabrielle Hemmerlind, head of leasing at Savills Sweden, talked about what proptech means for everyday leasing in Sweden and how even though the role of advisory has changed, there’s still quite a way to go. Watch Gabrielle Hemmerlind’s presentation
- Charlie Wade, managing director for the UK at leasing and asset management platform VTS, shared his five key industry trends, four mantras property firms should follow when adopting tech, and three predictions for the future. Read an edited transcript of Charlie Wade’s presentation and watch the video
- Henrik Botten Taubøll, WeWork’s North Europe director, talked about how he gained his new role at the coworking giant, the challenges businesses face, WeWork’s large data set and the US serviced office trendsetter’s ongoing global expansion – even after its funding pipeline was narrowed by SoftBank. Watch Henrik Botten Taubøll’s presentation and panel
Bluepoint, Equiem, Node, Gyana and VTS formed a panel to discuss the adoption of tech in real estate, privacy in data, Artificial Intelligence and blockchain.
For the second panel, Andreas Broryd of Workaround was joined by Henrik Botten Taubøll of WeWork, Gabrielle Hemmerlind of Savills, and Matt Lee of Manchester Science Partnerships. WeWork’s expansion into Scandinavia, and whether SoftBank’s reduced investment would cause WeWork to change strategy was discussed, as well as if proptech will be ruled by a few dominant players in the same way as Uber and Lyft dominate their niches.
PlaceTech Trend Talk Birmingham is due to be held on Friday 8 March – click here for more information and to book.
Click any image below to launch the gallery