Faisal Butt, tech investor with Pi Labs and Spire Ventures, brought together property managers, landlords and techies to debate the changing face of facilities management at a roundtable event in London.
Attended by key figures in the property management industry such as Ben Lerner, MD of Qube, Duncan Rendall, CEO of Rendall + Rittner, and John Redfern, director of property management at Savills, the event was hosted by Building Relations PR.
Both traditional property management companies and proptech disrupters discussed how the sector needs to change, and solutions for how they can transform the property management industry.
Many topics were covered at the roundtable including how to integrate and best extract value out of property technology in both traditional and new buildings, the role of technology in collecting and processing data to streamline processes, improve decision making and provide a better end-user experience and of course not forgetting the all-important bottom line – with many technological advances coming at a cost.
Faisal Butt, who chaired the discussion, said: “We need to embrace technological advances to improve openness, connectivity and functionality whilst understanding the importance of empathy and the need to engage with real people. It’s a fine balance to get right and there is no one size that fits all approach. The roundtable event was a great opportunity to discuss all aspects of how technology is disrupting the world of property management and to understand all the issues of this ever-changing market place.”
Rachel Colgan, MD of Building Relations PR, says: “The property industry is now being forced to face a technological shift. Events like this help to raise the issues and allow everyone to understand the challenges that are faced.”
A full 23-page summary of the discussion is available to download Roundtable Summary Of PropTech Event May 2018.
The full list of attendees included:
- Tim Baker, transformation director, RE_SET
- Faisal Butt, founder and CEO, Pi Labs and Spire Ventures
- Yvonne Coombes, marketing communications officer, Encore Group
- Johanna Courtney, managing director, The Digital Marketing Bureau
- James Davis, founder CEO, Upad
- David Goldberg, founder CEO, POD Management
- Ben Lerner, managing director, Qube Operations
- Laurence Levy, assistant surveyor, CBRE
- Isla MacFarlane, online editor, Showhouse magazine
- Veer Mehta, investment analyst, Spire Ventures
- Rajeev Nayyar, managing director, Fixflo
- Philip Oades, estates manager, Mount Anvil
- John Redfern, director of property management, Savills
- Duncan Rendall, CEO, Rendall & Rittner
- Tom Shrive, CEO, Ask Porter
- Paul Unger, Publisher, PlaceTech
- Esha Vatsa, VC investor, Pi Labs
- Kevin Watson, operations and commercial director, PLATFORM_
- Debra Yudolph, partner, SAY Property Consulting