A training seminar on the applications of data science to real estate for proptech investors and property professionals is to be held in December.
Over two half-day sessions, the PropertyQuants online course will teach the key concepts in data science for real estate; discuss implementation and operationalisation and the challenges therein; and highlight trends and disruptive business models impacting the industry.
Participants will be empowered to bring data science transformation to their company, make more informed data strategy decisions and better investments.
The seminar will run for two half-days, on 1 and 2 December, starting at 8am GMT each day.
Technical topics explained include:
- Data science methods for real estate
- Data sources and price indexation
- Automated valuation and forecasting
- Clustering, spatial intelligence and Geographic Information Systems
- Emerging technologies
This seminar is for you, if:
- You want to explore making data-driven real estate decisions, including using your company’s own data, but don’t know where to start
- You need to work with or hire technical and data science employees or consultants, but don’t know what to ask for or what’s possible, or;
- You’re evaluating investments in proptech companies, and need help navigating existing and future technologies and trends
At the end of this seminar, you will:
- Gain an understanding of the domain-specific data science methods for real estate
- Recognize the possible benefits and applications of data science in real estate, how these techniques can support key business decisions, and be aware of potential challenges in implementation
- Learn how data science is proliferating in the industry, and gain an insight into the business models of disruptive new proptech companies
- Know what to ask for from programmers and data scientists and better assess new data science hires or outsourced consultants
- Make more informed decisions related to collaboration or investment in data science startups or digital transformation initiatives
There will be two guest speakers:
- Topi Tiihonen, CEO of SkenarioLabs, will introduce his Finland-based AVM company and talk about collaboration between institutions and startups – how to build trust, navigate the challenges of data sharing, and negotiate legal and “political” obstacles
- Clement Tien, CEO of Arical, will talk about his Hong Kong-based geospatial AI startup, and discuss paths to monetisation for data science in real estate, their learnings and journey, and the Asian context, including willingness to pay for data and analytics, fundraising, and more
To learn more about the course, fill in the form on the PropertyQuants seminar website.
Sign up for the seminar on Eventbrite. PlaceTech readers can enter PLACETECH20 when registering to get 20% off the seminar price. There are a limited number of tickets available at this discounted rate.