Reed MIDEM’s MIPIM PropTech Europe 2018 has released its programme of conference sessions and speakers ahead of the event on 20 and 21 June in Paris.
The conference offers a packed agenda, with sessions covering topics including cybersecurity, smart workplaces, IoT and sustainability.
The MIPIM PropTech Europe 2018 keynote speech will be delivered by Rand Hindi, CEO of French AI voice assistant Snips. Hindi’s presentation, titled ‘Making technology disappear’, reflects Snips’ goal to create AI voice solutions that are so intuitive they are completely inconspicuous.
Hindi has a long history of innovation, having created France’s first social network, PlanetUltra, aged only 14, and he was named on Forbes “30 under 30” list.
The conference programme will include more than 40 sessions, grouped under three themes.
How does technology transform property?
Sessions will address topics such as smart cities, the changing workplace, customer experience and new end-user expectations:
- How property is adapting to a rapidly changing environment | François Bertière, CEO of Bouygues Immobilier; Chris Grigg, CEO of British Land; Coen Van Oostrom, CEO and founder of EDGE technologies, a new subsidiary of OVG Real Estate; and Melanie Leech, chief executive of British Property Federation
- Cities + technology: achieving sustainable goals | Jean-Louis Missika, deputy mayor of Paris; Rick Robinson, digital properties and cities leader at Arup; Andy Pike, UK head of real estate, KPMG; and Matt Ellis, CEO founder of Measurabl
- Urban state of mind | Aaron Renn, Manhattan Institute for Policy Research, will disseminate new ideas on urban life, and will discuss the impact of digital transformation on cities
- Kati Barklung from Microsoft will present on smart workplaces: increasing attractiveness and performance
- Improving the customer experience through technology will be discussed by Philippe Boyer, director of innovation, Covivio; Michael Ewert, head of business solutions and business intelligence EMEA, JLL; and George Yates, director of strategic relations, EMEA, WeWork
What are these technologies?
This suite of sessions will explore what practical use can be made in property of big data, IoT, BIM, Blockchain, and Artificial Intelligence. Speakers include:
- Roma Agrawal, structural engineer who has designed skyscrapers with renowned architects, including The Shard
- Jamie Woodruff, an ethical hacker, made a name for himself in his twenties by breaking through Facebook’s security
- Jessica Barker, cybersecurity expert considered one of the 20 most influential women in the field of cybersecurity in the UK
- Stefan Heitmann chairman of Price Hubble, a Swiss startup that uses Artificial Intelligence to improve data analysis
- Reda Berrehili, said to be the “Moroccan Mark Zuckerberg”, who will discuss Blockchain
Which startups for which solutions?
This segment will feature exhibitors, as well as the European leg of MIPIM’s Startup Competition 2019, in partnership with MetaProp NYC. The competition will then make its way to New York and Hong Kong before the grand finale at MIPIM 2019 in Cannes. Two finalists from MIPIM PropTech Europe will receive personalised coaching from MetaProp NYC as well as the opportunity to pitch in Cannes.
The Paris judging panel includes Aaron Block, co-founder of MetaProp NYC, Taylor Wescoatt, founder of Concrete VC, and Julia Arlt, innovation real estate director of PwC Austria.
Attendees of MIPIM PropTech Europe 2018 are also invited to attend a pre-event cocktail party on 19 June, hosted at Faust club. A votre santé !
There’s still time to register for MIPIM Proptech Europe 2018.
PlaceTech is a media partner of MIPIM PropTech Europe 2018.