MetaProp has opened its popular accelerator programme to fresh applications from around the world. The winning startups will benefit from investor introductions, mentoring advice, industry connections and up to $250,000 financing.
The 2019/20 MetaProp Accelerator at Columbia University is based in the heart of New York City. There is a maximum of eight places available on the 22-week bootcamp from any continent. Last year, six startups were accepted into the programme.
Aaron Block, founder and managing director, said: “Helping companies grow is core to every venture capital firm’s DNA and leading our New York accelerator programme has been particularly rewarding.
“Since 2015, we’ve graduated 30 companies, selected from thousands of applicants hailing from 40 countries. These once-seedling startups have now raised more than $50m in venture funding and hired dozens of employees around the world.”
Exclusive features of the programme include executive speakers, real estate education, mentor office hours, presentation workshops, property tours, and international events in cooperation with industry behemoths Blackstone, Brookfield and WeWork, as well as successful later stage proptech startups VTS, CompStak, Nestio, and Reonomy.
Detailed benefits for proptech startups participating in the MetaProp Accelerator at Columbia University include:
- Up to $250,000 in financing
- 22-week program focused on driving business growth and accelerated market penetration
- Curated access and introductions to industry decision-makers, technology pilots, premier sources of investment capital, and international media
- Participation in exclusive Pilot Days and Demo Days, as well as discounted or free attendance at dozens of local, national and international industry roundtables and networking events
- Pairing with select C-level mentors from MetaProp’s RE200 industry mentor network
- MetaProp VC platform services during the programme including strategy, fundraising, media relations and PR, in-house recruiting, business development, sales, and digital marketing
- Access to consortium programme partners, as well as free goods and services valued at over $200,000
Evan Petitt, MetaProp’s director of community services, said: “Our community partners and network of mentors are the strongest we’ve had to date. This creates an exciting opportunity for top innovators to build even stronger webs of influence through unprecedented access and introductions.”
Past partners of the accelerator program include Colonial, Cushman & Wakefield, First Republic Bank, Fox Rothschild, MachineQ, Zillow Group, DLA Piper, New York City Economic Development Corporation, Eisner Amper, Real Estate Board of New York, Millenium Partners, Warburg Realty and Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors.
A committee of industry experts will review all applications and selected participants will be announced by MetaProp by the end of August 2019. The next set of partners will also be announced later this year.
- The application deadline for the MetaProp Accelerator at Columbia University is 15 August 2019. For further details and to apply visit the MetaProp website