Working with 15,000 restaurants and commercial landlords in the US, Canada and the UK, Ritual offers users a range of food services, including delivery, catering and incentives from local restaurants.
The integration aims to “elevate the office experience” by giving tenants a food ordering system built into the building’s tenant experience app.
Charles Howard, director of offices at Grosvenor Britain and Ireland, said: “The partnership between HqO and Ritual allows Grosvenor to connect our mixed-use estate by promoting food and beverage vendors to our office occupiers.
“Their integrated platform brings all the best aspects of local dining directly to customers while supporting restaurants in a modern and efficient way.”
He added: “To be the landlord of choice, it’s more important than ever to provide unique dining experiences and food offerings for the office.”
HqO said the exclusive integration with Ritual will bring “immense value” to landlords and property teams.
Restaurant occupiers should be able to increase sales, while landlords can expect to see increased use of their tenant experience app, creating exposure for their band and fostering customer loyalty.
The full set of services from Ritual includes:
- Ordering ahead options for contactless pickup and delivery, including delivery to specified on-premise locations such as conference rooms
- Options to offer food and beverage-based perks to employees through catering, corporate meal programmes, incentives and credits
- To-table ordering and contactless dining at on-premise locations
- Group ordering
- Real-time updates on food status and delivery
- Optional neighbourhood views showing nearby participating restaurants
- Integration with point-of-sales systems, making it easy for any restaurant to connect and accept orders
- Customer data, insights, and feedback
Ray Reddy, co-founder and CEO of Ritual, said: “We are excited to partner with HqO to provide landlords, employers, and restaurant owners with the most advanced online ordering and incentives platform for in-building hospitality and workplace food experiences.
“Connecting with colleagues over coffee and lunch is a special part of the workplace experience. We’re proud of our partnership with HqO and making those experiences even better for thousands of companies as they return to office.”
Reid Snyder, director of platform solutions at HqO, said: “The food industry, particularly restaurants, suffered during the pandemic.
“We’re proud to partner with Ritual to support on-site and local restaurants through our one-stop-shop solution. Ritual’s wide breadth of merchants and interoperability with all major POS systems makes it an easy choice to enhance any portfolio.”