Norway-based Disruptive Technologies, creator of the world’s smallest wireless sensors, is partnering with a new product from Google’s urban innovation company, Sidewalk Labs.
Mesa is an easy-to-install kit to optimise energy use in commercial buildings. It taps into Disruptive Technologies’ small, commercial-grade, wireless sensors to transfer information to proprietary software, which optimises operations, increases cost-savings and improves comfort.
User experience is critical to the product definition of Mesa. This is why Mesa chose Disruptive Technologies sensors and cloud connectors. They are user friendly and simple to install. The innovative solution improves tenant comfort and allows real-time visibility and control over a building’s environment. Mesa is compatible with most commercial office buildings and tenant spaces that use thermostats to control building HVAC directly.
Mesa is a complete solution that:
- Adjusts heating and cooling systems based on several factors including a building’s thermal dynamics, tenant feedback, occupancy, and weather
- Turns off select power outlets to ensure no wasted energy when devices are not intended to be used, like conference room monitors overnight
- Detects irregular usage and sends maintenance alerts
- Empowers sustainability practices
- Improves thermal comfort for tenants
- Focuses on tenant experience and feedback with a user-friendly app
“We are very excited about our partnership with Sidewalk Labs and the development of Mesa,” said Bengt Johannes Lundberg, CEO of Disruptive Technologies. “Our best-in-class sensors will help deliver long-lasting savings to commercial clients, while being environmentally friendly. This collaboration shows the value of technological innovation and thinking big.”
Rachel Steinberg, director of product management at Sidewalk Labs, said: “In pursuing our goal of reducing energy costs and carbon emissions, Mesa puts the needs of customers first – starting with the ease of our installation process. That’s why we’re so excited to work with Disruptive Technologies, which is so deeply aligned with our focus on providing customers sustainable solutions for cities.”