5 features in the new EDGE HQ
Smart building innovator, EDGE Technologies, will be moving its headquarters from the striking office space in The Edge in Amsterdam, across the road to the 119,000 sq ft Edge Olympic later this month.
EDGE is part of the Dutch developer OVG Real Estate and is focused on specialising in ‘a new generation of healthy, technologically innovative and energy-positive office buildings.’
The company will be joining tenants already in there including their partner and flexible office space company, Epicenter Amsterdam, electric vehicle company, EVBox, digital studio DFFRNT Media and software consultancy firm, SIG.
Here’s some features you’ll find in the top floor office.
1. Robots. Sorry Mr Postman your services are not required, the robots will be doing the mail rounds in the HQ whilst a different robot will be helping with teleconferences.
2. A CLEDIS Sony display. Sony’s new CLEDIS system looks like one giant seamless LED display but in fact it’s hundreds of LED tiles combined together, with each one just 17.875 inches wide. Intended for use in boardrooms, museums, and showrooms the display will certainly make an impact to those visiting or teleconferencing into the boardroom at the new headquarters. Click here to watch a great video about how it works.
3. WELL-approved and 3D printed furniture. A big focus when it comes to getting WELL accreditation in a building is air quality. It’s likely the that there will be no ‘new office smell’ as the furniture will be made with low VOC material. VOCs, or volatile organic compounds, can create bad air quality and can cause short and long-term health problems.
4. Activity-based workplace. There will be urban zones for everyone to mingle in, home zones that are places to collaborate in with a cosy feel, and private and relaxation work zones covered with living walls, offering libraries or meditation areas alongside tailored workspaces and private desks for more concentrated working.
5. Sustainability certifications. The office has already achieved BREEAM Excellent and recently confirmed the Core & Shell Platinum WELL Pre-Certification, as well as pursuing WELL Version 2 for the floor. The second version of the WELL certification has 10 concepts buildings need to achieve compared to seven for version one with additions of thermal comfort, community and materials. The Edge Olympic will be the first building in Europe to receive both certifications and the headquarters, if precertified, will be the first in the world to achieve WELL Version 2.