Salary: Competitive + Bonus + Benefits
LGIM is the investment management arm of Legal & General Group, a FTSE 100 company. We are one of Europe’s largest asset managers and a major global investor, with assets under management of £983.3bn* (as at 31 December 2017). Our success has been built by focusing on clients and providing them with services and solutions that meet their needs. We offer strategies across the full spectrum of asset classes, including equities, bonds, property, alternatives and cash, as well as multi-asset strategies tailored to the needs of institutional and retail investors.
LGIM is one of the world’s leading providers of index fund management. We are at the forefront of developments in liability-driven risk management solutions for defined benefit pension schemes, a leading provider of defined contribution solutions and also offer a wide range of strategies to help our clients manage their investment objectives. LGIM continues to innovate as markets evolve, building strong relationships with clients including pension scheme, sovereign wealth funds, wealth managers and other professional investors.
We understand that our scale brings responsibilities. We play an active role in the companies we invest in, from exercising shareholder voting rights to directly engaging with companies at a board level. By engaging with businesses, we aim to unlock value for investors and shape the future and sustainability of financial markets.
In addition to having a leading position in the UK, we have selectively expanded into new markets across Europe, the Middle East, Asia and the US. We believe that translating our capabilities to reflect the needs of our international clients will mean we are well placed to help them achieve their objectives.
*LGIM internal data as at 31 December 2017, including derivative positions and advisory assets. These figures include assets managed by LGIMA, an SEC Registered Investment Advisor.
LGIM manages fixed income, equity, multi-asset, liability-driven investment, property and alternative solutions on behalf of its clients. Located across the globe, our clients include institutional pension funds, financial institutions, local authorities and sovereign wealth funds. In order to meet the complex and evolving investment needs of our clients, we focus on remaining at the forefront of investment product innovation and maintaining our reputation as experts across all asset classes.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
- Work with the Head of Platform Technology and Change to develop the business case for digital opportunities that have greatest strategic impact across the LGIM Real Assets platform
- Understand, interpret and identify solutions to business challenges, challenging assumptions and encouraging cross-functional collaboration
- Provide analysis and insight to support strategic projects both platform-wide and on a more agile basis
- Undertake regular market mapping/engagement to identify and monitor entrants or initiatives that can be of benefit to Real Assets and/or the built environment
- Attend industry-specific events and wider technology interests to monitor new capabilities or solution providers
- Communicate to industry key themes and challenges to be overcome in the near and future
- Engage with the sector via social media platforms and industry press channels
- Present results or findings to different audiences including board level
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders on current and future initiatives
- Define problems through proactive investigations and find relevant partners and solutions to address/resolve identified
- Undertake research to understand future trends that can impact the business
- Lead small ad-hoc agile projects when they arise including time-sensitive outcomes
Capabilities and behaviours
- Creative: a lateral and innovative thinker
- Clear communication style
- Team player
- Honest and discrete
- Well organised and self-motivated
- Stakeholder management
- Project and change methodologies
- Process improvement
- Continuous improvement
- Demonstrable understanding of the following; No-SQL, Bigdata, Blockchain, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Direct/Augmented/Virtual/Mixed Reality and SaaS/PaaS
- Observation and listening
- Articulate in explaining problems
- Problem finder
- Analytical skills
- Hands-on technical knowledge
- Accumulate knowledge in new fields
- Willingness to learn
- Behavioural change
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, at least 22 days’ (with potential to rise to 25 days) holiday, performance related bonuses, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
Applicants have to apply via the link below so that the process can be managed
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com