CBRE Property Management are leading the expansion of Host across UK and EMEA and there is an opening for the appointment of an Implementation Support role to drive the expansion and implementation of Host within the UK.
Host is CBRE’s latest PropTech tool to deliver value for our clients, including our Host Building app portal designed to deliver content and engage with building occupiers. Host is CBRE’s mobile app that is designed to support communication, engagement, and safety across a client’s assets acting as an enabler to bring community management and customer experience to life.
This new role will provide a dedicated implementation to work alongside the Director, Sales & Implementation and Customer Experience team in order to successfully help convert all secured and future Host pipeline opportunities into live projects and to help accelerate the growth of Host in the UK.
The Implementation Support role will provide important implementation resource to assist with the set-up and roll-out of all Host projects in the UK, working closely with internal stakeholders to provide dedicated project management resource and technical knowledge. The objective is to support the successful roll-out of Host in 2021 and beyond, alongside the established property management network.
An important element of the role will include liaising with clients and external stakeholders as part of the project handover process. This role will clarify solution scope, ensure client engagement and manage project delivery plans. In addition, they will coordinate the digital build process, support technical integrations, and train deployment leads.
Find out more about Host: https://host.cbre.com/en/host-building
- It is expected that the successful individual will deliver:
- Implementation support – Facilitates the development of integrated timeline, ensures that all functions remain on schedule and that issues get escalated and resolved and that the program is completed.
- Manage project plans – Acts as implementation support within the Host UK to drive progress and collaboration with stakeholders who are responsible for the delivery of a portfolio of projects and programs.
- Client engagement – Assist with the set-up and roll-out of all Host projects in the UK. Clarify solution scope with both client contacts and internal CBRE team.
- Coordinate digital build – Working closely with internal Host colleagues to provide dedicated project management resource, technical knowledge and content alignment.
- Roll-out & support – Train deployment leads, undertake a testing process and provide launch support in order to successfully handover the project.
- Programme management – Manages internal and external relationships in support of program(s). Maintains & distributes routine PMO reports, including status reports and updated Gantt charts.
- Internal engagement – Become an ambassador for Host in the UK and continue to build awareness and relationships across other CBRE departments and service lines.
Person Specification / Requirements
- 3+ years’ experience working in business / project management / implementation.
- Previous experience working in Real Estate industry is desirable.
- Graduate (or equivalent) with experience in PropTech as a preference.
- Strong project management, process and implementation skills.
- Demonstrated ability in project management processes, tools and techniques.
- Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of options in complex situations.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
- Strong presentation skills with Powerpoint and ability to produce high quality reporting.
- Collaborative in nature, building relationships at all levels with ease.
- Pro-active with proven experience of working under own initiative with exceptional results.
- Able to form strong relationships and influence people.
- Ability to prioritise and co-ordinate demands efficiently ensuring all deadlines are met.
CBRE Group, Inc. is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm, with 2020 revenues of $23.9 billion and more than 100,000 employees (excluding affiliate offices). CBRE has been included on the Fortune 500 since 2008, ranking #128 in 2020. CBRE offers a range of integrated services, including facilities, transaction and project management; property management; investment management; appraisal and valuation; property leasing; strategic consulting; property sales; mortgage services and development services. We advise on more commercial property than any other adviser and across the United Kingdom where we have over 3,000 employees covering all the key regional centres; our network includes offices in Aberdeen, Belfast, Birmingham, Bristol, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Leeds, London, Liverpool, Manchester and Southampton.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com