Do you love working with people and making organisations tick? You want a meaningful role with an ethical company but would prefer part-time hours?
Guru Systems is a growing company on a mission to radically reduce carbon emissions by creating and applying great technology.
We provide smart payment and data analytics systems to energy companies, housing associations and private developers. We manufacture our own electronics, create software and manage our onsite Internet-of-Things networks.
Right now we need you on our team!
Sitting within the Service Delivery team, this role is pivotal to the smooth running of Guru. Facilitating the day to day operational functions to support our staff so they can deliver their best. The role is part time, covering at least 4 hours per day Monday to Friday.
- You will be the first point of contact for our clients.
- Maintain our core office functions, stationary, phones, supplies etc.
- Administrate our HR and Quality systems.
- Provide C-level support, diary management, travel, expenses.
You will have:
- A strong background in office administration
- A desire to make our company “just work”
- Confidence to communicate with all company stakeholders
- Strong empathy and the capacity to react calmly and efficiently, even when others are stressed
Nice to have:
- Experience managing small, fast-growing companies
- Experience working in an SME / startup environment
- Experience in delivering a range of office management functions, including HR, finance and general administration
Salary, benefits and other information:
Reporting to the COO, this is a part-time permanent role (5 days a week) with 25 days holiday each year
Normal working hours are 10 am – 2 pm, Monday – Friday but we can be flexible.
The salary is competitive and Guru Systems will match 4.5% pension contributions.
A bit more about Guru:
We have brought together a fantastic team of extremely bright people from fields that don’t usually overlap: energy, engineering, IoT, software development and big data analytics. Proud of our award-winning team and products, we maintain high standards, certified to ISO9001, ISO14001, ISO27001 and Cyber Essentials Plus.
We care about our culture – a lot. While Guru’s people are highly effective, we are also open-minded, curious and always willing to own and learn from our mistakes. We are tolerant but we won’t knowingly hire jerks, no matter how skilled they are. We also prefer team players to lone heroes.
We also care a lot about our clients and other stakeholders, because we can only fulfil our mission if they are delighted with our output.
To apply please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Office Manager” in the subject line and we will be in touch.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com