Salary: Dependent on experience
Contact Name: Kirsty Butcher
Join our property publishing house in this newly created role, managing our busy Manchester office.
We are looking for a proactive and reliable self-starter with ideas and energy, to ensure the smooth running of our 10-person office on a day-to-day basis.
You would be joining a fast-paced operation where we are constantly striving to improve ourselves as individuals and as a media business.
Our two digital publications, Place North West and PlaceTech, are read by 320,000 engaged and loyal property professionals each month. As well as our online platforms and products, we hold popular events for the property industry, including conferences, drinks receptions and socials attended by 100-700 people each.
You will have a positive attitude, strong communication skills, an aptitude for problem-solving and outstanding organisational abilities.
This is a great opportunity for an energetic and personable individual to join our team of news, events, production and sales staff in a friendly environment in Manchester city centre.
- Implementing and maintaining administrative procedures
- Order supplies including office equipment and ensure the team has the kit and software they need to do their jobs effectively and to budget
- Manage and liaise with suppliers including our external IT support, office equipment providers, accountants and lawyers
- Financial processes including making payments, reconciling accounts, payroll, invoicing and credit control
- Arranging travel and accommodation for company attendance at exhibitions, conferences and events across the country and internationally
- Managing and maintaining databases
- Preparing analytical reports and documents
- Organising onboarding and induction for new employees
- Researching, selecting and training on new software programmes that optimise the productivity of staff, services and processes
- Maintaining an attractive and wellbeing-focused office environment
- Office services including managing the printer, post and other admin
- In charge of office Health & Safety
- Arranging social events for the team including the Christmas do
- Liaising where necessary with clients, subscribers and event guests
- Assisting where needed with other functions of the business
Qualities and experience
- At least two years of office-based administrative experience
- Experience with data and management software including CRM systems, Excel, Xero
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong time management and outstanding organisational skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to keep up with a fast-paced business
Excellent package including:
- Salary dependent on experience
- 21 days holiday plus Christmas period and bank holidays
- Travel to work subsidy
- Company performance bonus
- Company matching pension scheme
- Mobile phone
Working hours are 8/8.30 – 4/4.30, Monday to Friday, with additional hours required as necessary for projects and events.
To apply, send your CV and cover letter, along with examples of content you have produced to firstname.lastname@example.org
PlaceTech is a diverse equal opportunities employer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com