Reporting to the Regional Head of UK and Ireland, the Head of Business Development – UK is a key member of the Leadership Team and will play a critical role in driving Equiem’s growth agenda in UK and globally. The individual will focus on developing new and existing business within the UK and Europe, and play an active role in lifting the brand of Equiem in the region.
We are looking for an experienced software sales executive with a proven track record of creating new business opportunities and achievement of sales in the commercial real estate industry. Your key areas of responsibility will include sales, strategy, relationship development and networking, marketing, reporting/admin and leadership.
There will be a requirement to travel both domestically and periodically overseas to enable you to effectively carry out the responsibilities of this position. You will also need to work outside the core working hours from time to time.
About us – Equiem!
We are Equiem. We take pride in our company culture, our products and our people.
Changing the world one square metre at a time, our online platform creates hyper-local communities in office towers, business parks and mixed-use developments. We deliver a hotel like experience for happier workers, more productive relationships between tenants and enhanced building efficiency. Think coffee, lunch and dry cleaning delivered to your desk, thriving interest groups and concierge services which rival the best in the world. Based on the understanding that skyscrapers often house more people than a country town, we transform buildings into vertical communities and help landlords attract and retain tenants while providing powerful data insights to better meet their needs.
Being a hands-on, ‘roll up your sleeves and get the job done’ individual, you will be resourceful, proactive and persistent. You will relish the sales journey from prospecting to close, then ensure a well-executed handover to the Client Services team. You will work hard to understand the assets and the personalities you are working with and ensure that complex sales and negotiations are communicated to all stakeholders to execute sales objectives.
With ~5 years plus experience as a Business Development Manager, ideally in a B2B, consultative selling role experience, your swag will include:
- Experience in commercial property or asset management or leasing
- Deep understanding of and connections within the UK property market landscape, particularly at the executive level, with a proven track record of creating new business opportunities and achievement of sales in property
- Understanding of the current use of technology solutions within the sector and knowledge of new and emerging proptech trends
- Business and financial management acumen
- Strong negotiation, deal-making and contracting skills
- The ability to hold meetings that deliver outcomes, gather adequate information to execute our services, and provide information back to clients
- The ability to communicate and present effectively (written and spoken) to a wide audience adjusting the message to clients based on what role that person performs
- Desire to participate in and present at industry events to promote the industry, Equiem and yourself
- A deep ability to build positive and respectful internal and external relationships, as well as the strength to influence teams and individuals… even when the going is tough!
Not a deal breaker, however, it would be great if you’ve had previous experience in / training from PCA or Miller Heiman qualified in Strategic Selling, Conceptual Selling or LAMP
Culture and benefits
At Equiem, we take pride in our culture and focus on our people. We have maintained a “startup” culture despite growing exponentially in the last 5 years. This means you will have a voice, and an opportunity to own your role and truly make a mark and impact in the company’s growth ambitions. Unlike a large corporation, we are agile and move quickly, meaning you will be making key decisions frequently and will be able to learn and grow in an accelerated rate compared to a traditional “big business” environment. We have a close-knit “startup” family culture — full of hardworking, driven, talented team members. We help each other and celebrate our wins together.
Beyond receiving a competitive salary and bonus opportunity, we also offer:
- Flexible work arrangements (time & place) – we don’t watch what time you clock in and out, you’re a grown up, we trust you know what you need to do to get the job done
- We think the day you were born is a special day, so celebrate and take the day off…and still get paid!
Think big. Think long-term. Be prepared. And excited. If this sounds like you… let’s talk! Apply now below (don’t forget to attach your resume!)
If this sounds like you and you have full, unrestricted work rights for UK, submit your application with a cover letter that shows us who you are, how you operate, and where you’re going. Please don’t apply without a personalised cover letter detailing what you’re looking to achieve, and why you’d be a great fit for Equiem.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com