Salary: £24,000 - £26,000
Contact Name: Laura Davies
Publishing house and event organiser, Place Group, is seeking an event professional to join the team based in Manchester city centre.
Our two titles, Place North West and PlaceTech, are well-known and respected in the property community for delivering top quality news and events.
Place Group events range from roundtables to conferences and large social events, attracting business professionals from across the UK and beyond.
This is a fantastic and diverse role for an enthusiastic and energetic mid-level events professional to work on an exciting range of projects.
You will be joining a small and friendly team, with a passion for delivering quality content and events.
You will deliver in-person events, from conferences and socials to large evening events including the popular 750-person Place Party.
The Event Producer will be involved in all stages of event planning and delivery, making this an ideal opportunity to hone your experience in a business-to-business environment.
Working closely with the editorial and commercial teams, you will ensure plans are integrated and delivered within budget, on time and to the highest standard.
- Manage and deliver events from our annual portfolio of existing conferences and socials
- Developing positive relationships and communicating with sponsors and speakers
- Manage the marketing and promotion of your events to drive ticket sales, including social media, telesales and working with the production team on marketing material
- Managing suppliers eg venues, audio-visual companies, photographers
- Delegate management and handling general event queries
- Working on site at live events, including set-up, managing the registration desk, assisting speakers and other tasks as required
- Assist with delivering ad hoc client events as required, including conferences, drinks receptions and roundtables
- Representing the business at various industry networking events
- Sourcing venues and other suppliers as required including negotiating costs
- Monitoring and handling of event P&Ls
- Research and provide new ideas for event and marketing delivery
- Ad hoc tasks required by the business
We are looking for someone with ambition, drive and a positive attitude, who is able to work to tight deadlines with a high degree of accuracy. The successful candidate will have a high level of pride in their work and will always be looking to improve.
Skills and experience required
- At least 2 years of experience developing and executing successful events
- Graduate with a 2:1 or a 1st degree
- Proven experience of B2B events
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- Keen attention to detail
- Organised with strong time management skills, and the ability to work on multiple projects at once
- Experience of delivering projects to deadlines and within budget
- Both a team player and also able to work independently
- Good analytical skills for campaign monitoring and conducting post-event marketing analysis
- Flexibility, as evening work and early morning work will be required
The package and benefits
- £24,000 – £26,000 salary per annum, dependant on experience
- 21 days holiday per year, plus Christmas week off and bank holidays
- Your commute to work paid for
- Mobile phone paid for
- Company matching pension scheme
- Flexible working hours available (normal hours 8.30am – 4.30pm) plus the option to work from home twice a week
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org