Salary: £19,000 - £21,000
Publishing house and event organiser, Place Group, is seeking an Event Assistant to join the team based in Manchester city centre.
Our two titles, Place North West and PlaceTech, are well-known and respected in the property community for delivering high quality news and events.
Our events range from online sessions to conferences and large social gatherings, attracting business professionals from across the globe.
This is a fantastic and diverse role for an enthusiastic and energetic professional to work on an exciting range of projects.
You will be joining a small and friendly team, with a passion for delivering quality content and events. The team is working remotely during lockdown, but we have a fantastic office in the heart of Manchester.
During the Covid-19 pandemic we have been holding popular virtual events using the Remo platform. Once Covid-19 rules allow, we will be holding in-person conferences and socials.
You will assist in delivering online and in-person events, from conferences to large evening socials including the popular 750-person Place Party.
You will be involved in all stages of event planning and delivery, making this a perfect opportunity to gain event experience in a business-to-business environment.
You will work closely with the editorial and commercial teams to ensure plans are integrated and delivered within budget, on time and to the highest standard.
- Delegate management and handling general event queries
- Assisting with pre-event logistics and administration
- Communicating with sponsors and speakers
- Working with suppliers, eg venues, audio-visual companies, photographers
- Providing support on site for live events, including set-up, managing the registration desk and helping guests with queries
- Supporting virtual events including responding to queries from guests, and being on-hand to assist the event manager with running the platform
- Raising invoices and chasing ticket payments
- Assisting with marketing and event promotion to drive ticket sales, including social media, telesales and working with the production team on marketing material
- Representing the business at various industry networking events
- Maintaining databases including speaker and sales databases
- Building relationships and keeping in touch with clients
- Ordering event and office supplies where required
- Performing any other ad hoc tasks required by the business
We are looking for someone with ambition, drive and a positive attitude, who is able to work to tight deadlines with a high degree of accuracy. The successful candidate will have pride in their work and will always be looking to improve.
Skills and experience required
- Graduate with a 2:1 or a 1st degree
- At least one year of practical event experience
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- Attention to detail
- Strong organisation and time management skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects at once
- Team player but able to work independently
- Good analytical skills for campaign monitoring and conducting post-event marketing analysis
- Flexibility, as evening work and early morning work will be required to deliver events
The package and benefits
- £19,000 – £21,000 salary per annum, dependant on experience
- 21 days holiday per year, plus Christmas week off and bank holidays
- Your commute to work paid for
- Mobile phone paid for
- Company performance bonus
- Company matched pension scheme
- Flexible working hours available (normal hours 8.30am – 4.30pm)
To apply, email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org