Are you our new Digital Developer in an up and coming new digital team? Click the apply-button to send your application.
We invite you to bring your ingenuity, curiosity and enthusiasm into play and become one of our future leaders of innovation in digital design. To succeed in this role, you must be working towards a Computer Science or equivalent degree minimum 2 1 and or have gained relevant experience within a workplace to equate for this. You will also need to have some working experience in software engineering or equivalent.
Vacancies are available in our newly formed Digital Development team in Southampton, working on Transport related projects across the UK and beyond. If you wish to be considered for this position, apply today stating in your cover letter what makes you different and why you would be suitable for this role.
Inviting bright minds
Do you want to push the boundaries of the civil engineering profession and develop your excellence in an open, collaborative and empowering culture? We work to create a sustainable future and our inspiring projects and innovative solutions aim to set the standard among our peers. You will join a global company that has been growing successfully since its founding in 1945. Together, we lead and leave a positive impact on societies, companies and people around the world.
You will join our Transport department
As our new Developer you will work as part of a strong dedicated team of design engineers, coders and modellers applying cutting edge technology in its design transportation and infrastructure schemes. Previous education will be an important foundation, but your ability to learn new engineering concepts and pick up new technology quickly and effectively will define your success. If you enjoy challenging the status quo and finding efficient and novel ways to tackle unfamiliar engineering problems, then you will thrive here and if you believe that a team can become more than the sum of its parts through effective communication, then you will fit in well.
Tasks and responsibilities will be
- Contribute to the overall design and delivery of solutions to a wide range of transport related digital problems
- Develop digital tools and approaches to leverage these opportunities
- Translate complex digital concepts and solutions into presentations, reports, sketches, drawings and infographics that communicate their essence and demonstrate their value to our clients and key stakeholders
- Learn to identify potential health & safety, design, sustainability and commercial risks on our projects and contribute towards mitigating them
- Monitor the implementation of digital solutions throughout the entire project lifecycle, from initial concepts to construction and operation
- Supporting with other professionals in the wider transport team in their journey to a digital future
- Contribute to the development of company procedures by taking an active role in task groups
- Proactively pursue continuous professional development including working towards chartership with a recognised institution
Your Key deliverables for the first 12 months
- Work on at least three different digital initiatives working across a range of codebases and functionalities.
- Establish role as a point of contact for an area of Transport to help them drive digitalisation in their field
Your starting point for constant growth
From the moment you join Ramboll, we will support your personal and professional development so that you grow with the company. For this role, we believe your starting point is
- A BEng, MEng or MSc level degree in a relevant engineering discipline (General Engineering, Civil/Structural Engineering or Computer Science) achieved with minimum 2 1 and above or equivalent workplace experience
- Ability to summarise and present complex materials via different channels (e,g, report writing, Power Point, hand sketching)
- An aptitude in the use of coding to develop solutions for complex problems
- An eagerness to identify and develop digital solutions
Personal qualities that will help you succeed in this role include flexibility and adaptability, good attitude with creativity, superior communication skills, willingness and ability to learn, curiosity, enthusiasm, reliability, and team spirit.
Welcome to our Transport division
Ramboll is a global transportation consultancy and we work on some of the biggest and most innovative infrastructure projects in the world. We are close to 3,000 bright minds working within Transport worldwide, creating practical, sustainable and economic solutions for national transport authorities, private contractors and municipalities alike.
Ramboll in the United Kingdom
Ramboll is ranked a Top 10 consultant in the UK and has 1,500 bright minds working across 17 offices to apply their passion to deliver innovative solutions across Buildings, Transport, Environment & Health and Energy. We love seeing our talents develop and succeed and you will have opportunities to work on challenging and inspiring projects within an environment that is friendly, open and supportive.
Ramboll offers the opportunity to be part of a dynamic organisation in the rapidly growing Engineering and Consultancy sector in the UK. We offer a competitive salary, alongside 27 days holiday per year, private medical insurance, and flexible working.
How To Apply
Apply online. Attach your CV, cover letter and relevant documents showcasing why you are the right fit for the role, and when you are available to start. We look forward to receiving your application.
Deadline 30th June 2021.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org