Our business now needs additional support with its data science function and is looking for a motivated individual to bring in new data and manage its existing data using their own skills and technology and research carried out with Warwick University, where the business sponsors PhDs.
The right candidate will need to do the usual cleansing and linking of new and existing datasets etc. but more importantly bring forward AI analytics on its property data and customer data to help Nimbus® retain its market-leading position as the business moves towards driving its decisions based on analytics and AI.
We also offer a range of bespoke data/analytical services to our customers which would also form part of this role. This function is the beating heart of the business and the right candidate will be given a lot of responsibilities and will also be instrumental in helping to bring forward another 4 products in the next few years.
Skills & requirements
As a strong candidate, you will have the following qualities:
- A high technical aptitude and strong attention to detail
- Be a clear and confident communicator, able to interact effectively with others in the team
- Demonstrate a passion for all areas of data analysis, with a desire to further your own technical skills both in and out of work
- Strive to achieve the very highest quality of results
- Excellent organisation skills with the ability to multi-task and work independently, without close supervision
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a data scientist role or similar
- Experience in cleansing and engineering data to a production use standard
- A solid understanding of coding languages including T-SQL and Python
- Experience providing outputs in a visually friendly presentation
- Advanced Excel skills
- Statistical knowledge and thinking
- SQL skills, cleansing and manipulating data
- Knowledge of Python for data manipulation, visualisation and automation including Numpy, Pandas, Functions, web scraping, visualising with Matplotlib, etc.
- Knowledge of R for data manipulation, exploratory data analysis and visualisation including ggplot2, knitr/R Markdown, reshape2 etc.
- Experience working with GIS/spatial data
- Access to an incredible database of property information and property people
- We are offering training and support as necessary to support the business’ needs
- In return Nimbus® offers a very competitive salary and the opportunity to be part of and make a mark in a rapidly expanding, highly innovative business
- Attractive, well located office campus, unlimited free parking and daily fruit and healthy snacks
- Salary range £35k-£45k per annum
- 25 days holidays
What to do next?
If this role sounds ideal for you, please fill in and submit the form on the Nimbus Maps website here, including uploading your most recent CV. You can also download the full job spec.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com