The property industry is broken and we’re fixing it. The housing crisis is an issue which has an effect on all of us. We’re helping to make a systemic change in the property industry, using our software to make the sector more dynamic, transparent, and efficient.
About the company
LandInsight is a new platform that is fundamentally changing how the property industry buys land for development. It’s a big data platform that speeds up the process of finding, assessing and buying land. It comes at an important time, one of the biggest challenges for the UK housing crisis is tackling the shortage of development land. Our tech has changed the game and as a result we’ve become the UK’s fastest growing PropTech company (and we’ve got the awards to prove it!).
People are taking notice too – our user base is doubling regularly and already, tens of thousands of homes have been built on sites that were sourced using LandInsight, and that’s just the beginning.
To support and accelerate this growth we’re looking for ambitious, creative and collaborative people to join the LandInsight family.
Our values are ‘open’, ‘empower’ and ‘home’ and we regularly hold ourselves accountable to these. The people who work here feelthat they are challenged, but also feel like they have the environment and tools to succeed.
We truly believe that businesses flourish when people work collaboratively. That’s why we prioritise team building and facilitation. We are in constant contact with the company founders, so are able to learn about the conception of and running of a tech startup that is scaling. We run weekly sessions to ensure every voice is heard and empowered to grow and contribute.
We don’t just make empty gestures about our culture – we were voted as the 3rd best UK SaaS Company to work at, and have also received awards for ‘Diversity Advocate’ and ‘Best at Employee Development’.
Check out our tech blog here
You are an experienced data engineer, passionate about data and building data systems and understand that engineering is more than data, coding, configs and infrastructure. You enjoy collaborating closely with others (both users and team members) to create better solutions. You embrace practices and principles such as DevOps, Agile and TDD when building highly available data systems. You have developed cloud-based ETL and data warehousing systems using batch or stream processing for ingesting data.
At the heart of our product is open data, which we pull in from a wide range of sources. Our customers expect the data to be up to date, accurate, and intelligently integrated into our platform.
The datasets typically contain 1-30 million items. In some cases this is nice and clean at the point we receive it, but in other cases we have to use a combination of machine-learning and hand-crafted algorithms to extract metadata from plain text or pdfs. Most of our data is geospatial so we focus a lot on geocoding data accurately and joining across geospatial datasets.
- Working in an environment following Agile (and some Lean) principles and using practises from Scrum and XP.
- Building test-driven data tools using python and Node.js
- Creating automated infrastructure-as-code using platforms such as Kubernetes, CloudFormation and Docker.
- Working with and improving existing data systems and the flow of data between them (currently Mongo, Postgres, AWS Lambda functions, Elastic Search).
- Data modelling, architecture and usage, as part of defining appropriate systems and technology.
- Designing and building new data systems as we progress and scale our data using streaming platforms and machine learning.
- Identifying, debugging and fixing issues. This includes liaising with other technical/non-technical staff.
- Working closely with remote colleagues (technical and non-technical) who also work on data projects
- Improving our algorithms that derive data from the incoming datasets.
- Mentoring our full-stack engineers to become better data engineers.
- You are highly competent in one or more programming languages (5+ years experience)
- You are able to reason about the behaviour of systems before starting to build them
- You have built a variety of data processing/management systems
- You have experience with various data visualisation and business intelligence systems
- You are a clear communicator in both written and verbal forms.
Experience with any of the following technologies would be a major bonus:
- Geographical Information Systems
Benefits & incentives
- Flexible working hours (as long as you’re in for 11am) and place (work from home, a cafe, whatever suits you best)
- Comprehensive onboarding and training
- Professional and personal empowerment budget
- Baby and getting married gift
- Competitive Salary and Equity Options
- 25 days paid holiday (additional to bank holidays)
- Unlimited unpaid holidays
- Dog friendly office
- Loads of social events
- Gym and wellness contributions, and cycle to work scheme
- Annual ski trip
- Work at WeWork’s amazing flagship office, 2 minutes from Liverpool St station
- Collaborative working, including with the CEO and CTO
- Quarterly company wide strategy day – followed by a team social!
- Dedication to hiring for cultural fit, so you know you’re going to be sitting next to someone who you want to grab a beer/glass of prosecco with (usually at the free WeWork bar we have available after 2pm every day!)
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org