Our client is a thought leader and innovative service provider in the Commercial Real Estate space. They operate two main product lines; in one they operate multiple transactional markets for various segments in the CRE ecosystem, in the other they develop an application open CRE platform for other participants to the CRE ecosystem.
Their technology follows the latest design principles; it’s cloud based, platform agnostic, containerized, auto-scalable, modular and pluggable. They expect the successful candidate with feel at home with those concepts.
They are seeking to fill the CTO position. They are looking for a candidate with a storied history in the fintech, proptech, and/or marketplace sector, who aspires to make the jump to the C-level position, or has some initial experience as CTO and wants to develop more seniority. The ideal candidate had exposure to start-ups or scale-ups, and experience that includes managing and promoting the technology budget and its resources, but still sits with the programmers and writes code. They look for someone with the same urgency and understanding of business goals as the rest of the C-suite.
You will work in sync with the CxO team as a peer, ensuring delivery of the business and product strategies, and contributing to them as expert in the latest technological development trends.
- Contribution to the strategy from the technology perspective.
- Strategic planning and derivation of roadmaps for implementation.
- Executive decision making related to the company’s technological requirements.
- Task planning and control.
- Resource planning and cost responsibility.
- Team and employee leadership, mentoring and coaching.
- Maintaining a delivery-focused and customer-centered outlook of IT projects to market.
- Staying on top of technology trends and developments.
- Represent and present the business in the market and to customers.
- Ensure all technology practices adhere to regulatory standards.
- Software development and IT operation responsibilities:
- Creation and management of, and active participation to an internal software development team and an external software development partner to ensure that the technological resources meet the company’s short-term needs and the long-term goals.
- Knowledge, definition and quality assurance of the approach in software development and IT operations (processes, methods, tools, knowledge).
- Hands-on understanding, knowledge and experience of technologies.
- Knowledge of the system and software architecture of enterprise software platforms.
- Organization of a secure, stable and high-performance IT operation of the the platform.
- IT responsibilities
- Internal IT and telecommunications necessary for the internal work and communication of the employees, consisting of internet access, network, desktop/notebooks, telephones, mobile phones, printers, servers and software applications.
- IT security in the form of user administration, access security, data security and compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Ensuring ongoing IT operations, IT and the platform support.
- Extensive industry knowledge with an eye to the future
- Proven history of team management
- Demonstrable IT experience in:
- Cloud computing / microservices
- Services orchestration
- Data modeling
- API Design
- Event-driven architecture (push & pull)
- User interface and API positioning
- IT monitoring and IT service management
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org