Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you’ll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
Our Smart Places team, based in London are currently looking for a Strategy Consultant to help shape the approach to Smart buildings, masterplans and cities.
Our Smart Places Advisory practice works on a variety of projects, helping clients to navigate and embrace emerging technologies. We help clients answer questions such as, “What is the future of my built assets?”, “How can we leverage technology to make a better place?” and “How can I create the world’s most future-forward city?”. The team support a variety of clients, strategising, designing and implementing innovative solutions to help make cities, buildings and businesses be better.
As leaders in Smart Building and Cities consultancy, our aim is to set the standard for providing specialist and fully integrated Smart Consulting to clients across the built environment as well as getting the entire UK organisation to think “SMART”. We have worked on new cities in the Middle East, Corporate Property Portfolios, Masterplans and some of the world’s most iconic buildings. Think big, think high profile, think groundbreaking.
We are looking for ambitious people to join our team at WSP, arriving at the heart of a collection of people who are spearheading digital transformation internationally, collaborating with passionate experts that are dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise, and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
A typical week would include:
- Act in a product owner role to gather requirements from stakeholders, understand client problems and opportunities, and what the desired outcomes should be.
- Creating, organising and running strategy workshops with an executive team of real estate clients.
- Collaborating with the team on complex challenges and striving to develop and grow meaningful relationships both internally to WSP and with external partners.
- Developing the team approach and methodology to support the needs of a project, identifying the expert resources needed to manage the project activities and coordinating the timeline processes from start to finish.
- Applying an ability to research, learn and analyse technologies, complex topics, real estate commercial models, building technology systems and operating processes.
- Apply a strong understanding of physical and digital technologies, the market position in the built environment, technology trends across sectors, global initiatives, key market players and the roadmap to implementation.
- Acting as the client contact on projects, to answer client questions and respond to change requests.
- Take ownership and responsibility for the delivery of client deliverables.
- Documenting formal requirements for approval and development..
- Working closely with project stakeholders to develop recommendations and work appropriate to the clients business needs.
- Presenting work outputs and thoughts to clients both as part of project delivery and also as client internal change management.
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- A passion for the future of our built world.
- A strong ability to take a client on a journey and confidently present ideas, outputs and outcomes at senior leadership level.
- High emotional intelligence and strong critical and analytical thinking skills.
- Demonstrable industry experience ideally gained in a consultancy background.
- A degree (at 2:1 or above) is essential, preferably in a related field of expertise with an MSc being preferable.
- Excellent verbal, written and visual (diagrammatic) communication skills.
- Self-motivation, initiative and ability to learn and share new skills on the job.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently, as well as in an egoless team environment.
- Excellent team leadership, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong project management.
- Strong sense of ownership over work and delivering the best possible work for clients.
What if we can?:
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP – we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important – be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including 25 days annual leave, pension schemes, life assurance, personal accident cover and paid professional subscriptions, and some not so standard benefits as part of our flexible benefits scheme – so if you would like to hop on a new bike (cycle to work scheme) or thrill the family with your Lego building skills (Discount at Legoland Windsor) – WSP can help!
Be you, be happy – we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. VIBE (our LGBTQ+ Employee Resource Group) and our Gender Balance Group work with the business to help ensure we continue to promote the right environment to enable LGBT+ and female employees to reach their full potential, and to ensure we continue to promote equality, inclusivity and diversity for everyone.
Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender confirmation, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
In addition we support our people to achieve their personal health and well-being goals through our Thrive programme.
WSP is one of the world’s leading engineering professional services firms providing technical consultancy to the built and natural environment. We believe that for societies to thrive, we must all hold ourselves accountable for tomorrow. For us, that means creating innovative solutions to the challenges the future will bring to the communities and environments where we live and work across the UK.
We are locally dedicated and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors, including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, programme and construction management professionals. Our experts design lasting solutions in the property & buildings, transportation & infrastructure, environment, industry, resources (including mining, and oil & gas) and power & energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. And safety and sustainability are embedded in everything that we do.
Check out www.wsp.com for more info about the great work we do.
Please note that WSP reserve the right to close this vacancy prior to the advertised closing date.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org