Company: Tech Nation
To provide support to the commercial team, and to help to create a commercial centre of excellence. Focuses will include creating efficient reporting and logistics processes, including automation where possible, and slick production of all business development collateral and any client-facing material.
- Support the commercial team to develop, pilot and prove out best in class client solutions consistent with Tech Nation’s strategic goals.
- To provide day-to-day support as required for the Commercial Team.
- Responsible for the compilation of sales reports, tracking sales activity from lead enquiry to completion, liaising with the sales team and the finance department.
- Identify processes that can be automated, and create team processes that enable efficient and visible working practices, eg own commercial team meeting rota for minutes and agendas.
- Use the CRM system to track activity, and compile regular reports. On-going review, upkeep and maintenance of customer information on CRM.
- Ensure sales are recorded and monitored in line with agreed processes.
- Support sales and account management team in preparation for client meetings. This will include preparing Powerpoint presentations, scheduling meetings with multiple stakeholders, and doing background research on potential clients and organisations.
- Attend and support at external meetings to drive business development.
- Recommend changes in tactics, approach or new products based on market data and research, including identifying new market segments and prospects.
- Support bid writing process, to high professional standards and to deadline.
Personal attributes and skills
- Good energy and resilient
- Self-starter, used to using initiative. Someone who will monitor and take action to drive forward operational affairs relating to partner contracts, licences, product development and marketing
- Someone who can drive efficiency
- Attention to detail- high standards in all work produced
- Confident to make recommendations for exploring new business opportunities
- Able to create good relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Financial acumen & the ability to analyse data & construct practical conclusions/recommendations
- Research skills for BD meetings
- Good time-management and workload management
Key skills we are looking for in this role:
- Proven high standard in written English and verbal communication
- Advanced presentation skills – Powerpoint and Excel
- Analytical background to pull together reports and track progress
- Stakeholder management – being the centre point for the team internally and external facing too
- Interest in business development, as this will be increasingly important over time
A typical day may look like this:
- Creation of a Powerpoint deck to share with a potential partner – could incorporate outline of a sponsorship opportunity, plus an overview of Tech Nation’s work/impact.
- Pulling together briefing information prior to a partner meeting – which establishes what the best Tech Nation offer would be for that partner, and rationale for this approach.
- Setting agenda points for meetings, diary alignment and following up meetings with minute circulation.
- Pulling reports on sales pipeline activity and progress against revenue targets for Exec update.
- CRM analysis around propositions suitability. Business development phone calls/meeting.
- Discussion with programme leads about partner suitability.
- Regular travel to London
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org