Salary: £40,000 basic salary, £55,000 OTE
Location: Central London
Contact Name: Dino Moutsopoulos
£40,000 basic salary, £55,000 OTE
Who are we?
PlaceTech is a market-leading online b2b international publication with an office in Manchester, UK.
The company exists to educate, inform and champion the products, services and people bringing technology and innovation to life into the property sector.
We deliver news, reviews and analysis of innovation affecting the global property market. In addition, we deliver marketing, events and media for our clients to help them with their business development requirements.
This role is suited to someone who can be the face of the brand in London, someone who thrives on being busy and successful.
Over the past three years, the PlaceTech team has travelled across the globe from Amsterdam to New York, attending and hosting our own events.
If you are someone who enjoys owning your own sales process, creating great opportunities and securing deals then this role is for you.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for someone who can take up the reins for PlaceTech in London with a view to further expanding PlaceTech’s market share in the UK, Europe and US.
We would like to hear from versatile business development individuals who want to lead the next stage of expansion for PlaceTech from the UK across the globe.
You must be able to show a successful sales record and provide references from your latest employer.
For the right individual, this role offers fantastic unique benefits and opportunities including a great deal of autonomy, flexible working, uncapped commission, lifestyle benefits and international travel.
The successful candidate needs to be hugely excited about proptech and be motivated to grow PlaceTech.
This role comes with a lot of autonomy therefore you should be confident to manage your own workload, but understand when to ask for help.
You will be a natural at liaising with a multitude of stakeholders, to include investors, clients, new leads and techies.
You will be very comfortable setting up meetings, attending and speaking at events and negotiating sales, and you are excited about establishing your own client base to expand their product.
You will want to get potential clients over the line and create an excellent working relationship, before and after sale.
Although supported by an existing publishing and products team, high-level understanding and involvement from you will be important to succeed.
An important part of the role will include responding to client interest and attending pitch meetings; developing sales materials; and preparing and posting material on social media, therefore a very high level of written and verbal English is required.
You will be comfortable dealing with challenges and have the ability to learn very quickly.
PlaceTech is continually growing and so it is very important to maintain close communication with the core team to ensure that you are up to speed and can confidently relay information to the market and potential clients.
You’ll know how to
- Liaise with a variety of stakeholders at all levels of seniority and manage client relationships
- Source clients and develop your own client base
- Prepare high-quality marketing, reporting and pitch materials and continue to improve these
- Confidently deliver presentations and understand your audience
- Network at events and conferences and source events to attend
- Creating your own (with support from head office) business development events/dinners/socials
- Drive the pitching and negotiation process
- Create and post relevant material on social media and promote PlaceTech
- You have at least 3+ years of experience in business development, ideally within the real estate or proptech market
- You have experience managing multiple stakeholders with many moving parts, and ideally across time zones
- You are highly organised and able to prioritise
- You are highly motivated and enjoy autonomy, but are not afraid to ask for help when required
- You have a proven ability to quickly get up to speed and enjoy learning new skills
- You love getting stuck into projects and want to be involved at ground level
- You have a keen interest in real estate and are passionate about building the best possible user experience in proptech, smart buildings and smart cities
This job is being widely advertising and is out with agents, so a swift response to this advert is recommended.
- A CV and covering letter is required
- CVs with no covering letter will not be considered
- Start date expected January 2022
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org