Salary: £30,000 + commission
Location: Central London
Our client is looking to revolutionise the proptech world with emphasis on tech. They would like to hear from able versatile business development individuals who want to turn this sector on its head with the best app and user experience which seamlessly connects people with property.
There are going to be many interesting challenges and opportunities for them as they move forward, and they want you to be a key part of the vision of the product.
The successful candidate needs to be hugely excited about the product and motivated to make our clients succeed. This role comes with a lot of autonomy therefore you should be confident to manage your own workload, but understand when to ask for help.
You will be a natural at liaising with a multitude of stakeholders, to include investors, clients, new leads and techies. You will be very comfortable setting up meetings, attending and speaking at events and negotiating sales, and you are excited about establishing your own client base to expand their product. You will want to get potential clients over the line and create an excellent working relationship, before and after sale. Our clients have a deployment team who manage new clients, however a high level understanding and involvement from you is important at all stages.
An important part of the role will include responding to client tenders and attending pitches; developing marketing materials; and preparing and posting material on social media, therefore a very high level of written and verbal English is required.
You will be comfortable dealing with challenges and have the ability to learn very quickly. The tech is continually iterating therefore it is very important to maintain close communication with the tech team to ensure that you are up to speed and can confidently relay information to the clients.
You’ll know how to:
- Liaise with a variety of stakeholders at all levels of seniority and manage client relationships.
- Source clients, typically landlords and large occupiers, and develop your own client base.
- Prepare high quality marketing, reporting and pitch materials and continue to improve these.
- Confidently deliver presentations and understand your audience.
- Network at events and conferences and source events to attend, and ideally speak at.
- Drive the pitching and negotiation process.
- Collaborate and deliver client feedback and requests internally to the respective teams; keep track of product developments; and, relay appropriate information back to the clients. It is also important to understand how to manage client expectations.
- Create and post relevant material on social media and use Mailchimp to prepare our newsletters and other marketing content.
- You have at least 2+ years of experience in business development, ideally with exposure to real estate or tech.
- You have experience managing multiple stakeholders with many moving parts, and ideally across time zones.
- You are highly organised and able to prioritise.
- You are highly motivated and enjoy autonomy, but are not afraid to ask for help when required.
- You have a proven ability to quickly get up to speed and enjoy learning new skills.
- You love getting stuck into projects and want to be involved at ground level.
- You have a keen interest in real estate and are passionate about building the best possible user experience in proptech, smart buildings and smart cities.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org