Who are we?
We are a forward-thinking proptech focused on fixing the broken rental market.
The lettings market is broken. If you’ve ever had experience renting, you’ll know how archaic and painful the process is. It’s also 22x more expensive to buy now than 20 years ago, leading to a generation of renters. However renting is a leading cause of stress and anxiety for renters and those with properties face eye-watering costs to find and manage tenants. Bunk is transforming the rental sector with technology, by empowering tenants and property businesses with all the tools they need to rent, without the need for letting agents.
We are based in Bristol, but we help renters and property businesses all over England and Wales. We started as a product directly for landlords and tenants but have recently specialised in providing tech for businesses with 50+ rental properties. Our founders started Bunk as they graduated from University in 2017 and now we’re an established B2B SAAS startup with corporate backing (inc Nationwide Building Society) experiencing fast growth. We think you’ll like it here – 100% of our employees enjoy the work they do (2020 staff survey).
- Togetherness – All for one and one for all; we get stronger by learning from each other.
- Entrepreneurial – Entrepreneurship means intuition. Intuition to spot opportunities, solutions and new ideas.
- Transparency – We’re open and honest. Everything we do has a purpose and every mistake is a chance to grow.
- Empowerment – Empower each other to bring any idea – big, small (or bad) – to the forefront of conversation.
- Agility – The world progresses at an extreme velocity and we are always ready to act.
- Fun – We spend a lot of time together and work hard together so you’ve got to enjoy what you do!
Currently there are thousands of UK businesses that own and operate 100+ residential property portfolios which make up a significant chunk of our current target customers. We are now hiring an account executive that will be responsible for building relationships and closing deals within this target market. You will open the doors that allow us to deliver on the mission of fixing the broken rental market.
What you’ll do
- Increase awareness of Bunk within our target market
- Generate new property sales opportunities, focusing primarily on the UK
- Nurture sales opportunities in live clients with strong relationships
- Work with sales development reps that will pass on target account leads
- Qualifying property businesses (Developers, PBSAs, B2R) through various avenues (research, calls and zooms etc)
- Continually developing and enhancing our product pitch
- Creating relationships and building rapport with key clients
- Conducting demos to show how our product can help these companies solve their pain points and improve their operations
- Speaking with multiple decision-makers and taking them through a full sales cycle and contract signing process
- You will learn our customers and personas inside out to know what their main challenges and needs are and how we can help them
- Passionately learning everything there is to know about our market and customers
- Consistently achieving monthly quota
- Primarily a sales role but will be involved in planning, executing and reporting on a host of marketing activities to support our growth which could include online and offline events and partnerships.
Who you are
- You have experience in owning and delivering lead generation activities and campaigns for a B2B software (SaaS) solution
- You have a deep-rooted passion for delivering value to customers, and a proven track record of building impactful sales pipelines and closing revenue
- You are success-driven and are obsessive about achieving goals and meeting targets including KPI and revenue objectives
- You will have a good ability to build rapport with clients
- You have worked closely with product teams to deliver customer feedback and develop the product roadmap
- You understand the residential market in the UK: the types of operators in the market, the current outdated process and our vision
- You are hard-working with a hands-on attitude; you can handle high pressure and tight deadlines
- You flourish with autonomy and independence
- You have the flexible attitude required in a start-up environment, and the capacity and willingness to learn and adapt relentlessly
- You are not afraid to ask for help when you need it
- At the time of starting your employment, you must have permission to work in the UK
- We want to be the best. Join an industry renowned team where you will be given the opportunity and support to thrive.
- Immerse yourself in an environment with innovative thinkers and entrepreneurial people
- Work for The Best Tech Start Up in the South West (Sparkie’s People’s Choice Award 2020)
- Work in a beautiful office with a river view overlooking the Bristol Bridge. Free coffee, cakes and beer/drinks.
- If you’re a superstar, we understand the world is your oyster. By joining Bunk you’ll grow exponentially, always be appreciated and will be directly contributing to having a positive impact on the rental market.
The finer detail:
- Full time role
- Mixture of office and remote working available
- Generous company share options scheme
- Competitive salary based on experience
- OTE range is £50-150k. Although commission is uncapped – there is no limit.
- Personal development allowance – if you want to learn something that will help you in your role and career – let us know!
- Laptop, Monitor and anything else you would need to do a great job.
- Regular group activities (Previously: Meals out, Axe throwing, Go-Karting, Bowling. Next: Raft building!)
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we’ll let you in on a secret: there’s no such thing as a ‘perfect’ candidate. Bunk is a place where everyone can grow. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work each day.
- Initial application:
- A covering note detailing the life experience that makes you amazing; why you’re good for us; and especially why we’re right for you.
- First interview
- Task & presentation
- Second interview
There will be opportunities to ask questions throughout the interview process. If Bunk sounds like a good fit and you’re ready to come on a journey then we would love you to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org