Location: The Portico Library, 57 Mosley Street, Manchester, M2 3FF
Phone: 01925 852644
Join the RICS QS & Construction local member group and Manchester Architects at this CPD and networking event to hear inspiring stories from people working at the cutting edge of Social Value and sustainability.
Under the Public Services (Social Value) Act all public bodies in England and Wales are required to consider how the services they commission and procure might improve the economic, social and environmental well-being of the communities they serve, which means that Social Value must be factored into procurement from the outset.
This is a radical shift in the purpose of procurement and will fundamentally change how Consultants and Contractors work and in particular how they compete for and approach delivery of public sector opportunities. For some organisations it’s just the way they do business and they will be very successful. For others, it’s a change in direction and focus. It’s no longer about CSR box-ticking, it’s about ambitious targets, an engaged workforce and real, resilient and sustainable social impact.
Come along, have some lovely food, have a drink, network, get inspired. It might just change your life!
- Alison Ball, associate environment and sustainability, Arup
- Dr. Michelle Brennan, business consultant, Project 5 Consulting
- Carrie-Ann Huelin, director and PhD researcher, Viola Clause
- Sara Lawton, director, Construction Impact Framework
- Lauren Murphy, project manager, Bradford Pit Memorial
- Jocelyne Underwood, sustainability manager, Laing O’Rourke