Organiser: Place North West
Location: Science & Industry Museum, Liverpool Road, Manchester
This special half-day event will explore the technology revolutionising infrastructure in our cities, and how property professionals can best take advantage of the opportunities.
Technology-driven transformations are changing and upgrading our cities; from fibre and 5G internet connectivity, to energy storage, electric cars and charging points, and smart mobility such as autonomous vehicles and smart railways.
- Kristy Duane, head of infrastructure, CMS
- Sean Anstee, CEO, Telcom
- Bev Taylor, head of energy, Bruntwood
- Dr Tony Smith, commercial strategy manager, Peel Environmental
- Dr Somayeh Taheri, chief executive, UrbanChain
- Tim Wynn-Jones, head of energy solutions, Good Energy
- James Kelly, head of cities for the North, Uber
- Giles Perkins, head of smart mobility, WSP
- Ben Haddock, transport associate, Arup
- Eleanor Lane, partner, CMS
- Simon Navin, head of innovation programmes, Ordnance Survey
- Daniel Saunders, investment director, Octopus Investments
The event is sponsored by law firm CMS, and will provide an in-depth look at the recently published report ‘Connected Future’, seeking to answer questions many property professionals have as to the real impact of these technologies, such as:
- what the cities of tomorrow will really look like
- how to retrofit vehicle charging points in an already busy city
- how transport innovations such as autonomous vehicles will impact the availability of land
- where established business parks can find space for large energy storage facilities
- how to futureproof ageing property portfolios so they don’t devalue in the coming decades
Discussion will showcase examples of international best practice, alongside where smart infrastructure is being installed in the North West, and how the region’s towns and cities can best exploit the potential of these technologies.
The conference will take place on Thursday 28 March at the Science & Industry Museum in Manchester, running from 8am until midday with further networking over lunch.
Tickets are £60+VAT and include all refreshments.