Organiser: Place North West
Location: Science & Industry Museum, Liverpool Road, Manchester
This event delivered by PlaceTech and Place North West in partnership with international law firm CMS will explore the technology revolutionising infrastructure in our cities, and how property professionals can best take advantage of the opportunities.
Technology-driven transformations are changing and upgrading our cities; from fibre and 5G internet connectivity to energy storage, electric cars and charging points, and smart mobility such as autonomous vehicles and smart railways.
The event will provide an in-depth look at CMS’ recently published report ‘Connected Future’, and seek to answer questions many property professionals may have as to the real impact of these technologies, such as:
- what the cities of tomorrow will look like in practical terms
- how to retrofit vehicle charging points in an already busy city
- how transport innovations such as autonomous vehicles will impact the availability of land
- where established business parks can find space for large energy storage facilities
- how to futureproof ageing property portfolios so they don’t devalue in the coming decades
Discussion will showcase examples of international best practice, alongside where smart infrastructure is being installed in the North West, and how the region’s towns and cities can best exploit the potential of these technologies.
The conference will take place on Thursday 28 March at the Science & Industry Museum in Manchester, running from 8.30am until midday with further networking over lunch.
Tickets are £60+VAT and include all refreshments.